At Seaford North we promote a positive attitude towards our local and global environment. Students are involved in learning about and caring for the environment and how we can lessen our impact and reduce our footprint on the Earth.
We have an animal barn which we affectionately call the ‘Animal Palace’.
- Farm animals including a miniature horse, sheep, chickens, guinea pigs, an aviary with cockatiels and a galah.
- Collection and sale of eggs to the community.
- An extensive composting program using classroom food scraps.
- Vegetable gardens managed by children.
- Sale of home grown vegetables to the community.
- Rain tanks to support sustainability.